February 20, 2020
HistoryHound 2.1.1 is a free update
for all registered HistoryHound users.
This release contains enhancements that speed the indexing process, especially when rebuilding the search index, as well as improvements in indexing .webloc files and support for Microsoft Edge.
If you already use HistoryHound, just download
and install the new version — HistoryHound
will preserve your license information.
If you're new to HistoryHound, download
it and give it a try. You'll be glad you
- Added support for Microsoft Edge.
- Indexing of .webloc files works even if resource information has been stripped from the files (which may happen with some file servers and cloud sync services).
- If a website cannot be found or is no longer available, any subsequent URLs to it are skipped. This can speed up index rebuilds significantly.
- Corrected a problem with HistoryHound interpreting redirects within HTML comments, causing it to skip some pages when indexing.
- Search indexes are written to disk less frequently, speeding up indexing when search indexes become large or disk access is slow.
- Fixed a bug that could cause long re-indexing runs to hang if they were not configured to run as the only indexing task.
- Resolved a problem that could result in HistoryHound waiting forever for indexing to finish.
- HistoryHound now correctly ignores URLs that return JSON content.
- Re-indexing data is no longer deleted after a week.
- Online help has been updated.
Thanks for your interest in HistoryHound!
Don't forget to try the other great St.
Clair Software Products, including Default