Default Folder X 5.0.6 Testing
Updated August 16, 2016
For those of you running the beta release of macOS 10.12 Sierra, this public beta version of Default Folder X provides compatibility, as well as a few new features and bug fixes.
delivers these improvements:
- Icon View is now correctly supported when running Sierra.
- Fixed a hang that could leave a file dialog on the screen until you quit Default Folder X.
- Default Folder X will now hide its controls if LaunchBar pops up while a file dialog is displayed.
- Fixed a problem that could result in Default Folder X failing to appear in an application until the app was quit and relaunched.
- Default Folder X favorite hotkeys will no longer work in an application that is in the exclusion list in Preferences > Options.
- Preferences are only saved when necessary, reducing disk I/O and delays when waking from sleep.
- Default Folder X will work correctly with CoverFlow view if a file dialog uses it (it's no longer an option in El Capitan, but if you were using it before you upgraded to 10.11, your file dialogs may still start in CoverFlow view).
Other changes in recent 5.0.6 beta releases:
- Fixed support for Carbon apps when running Sierra.
- Default Folder X would mistakenly use the first tab in a Finder window as the active tab. It now correctly recognizes the active tab.
- Fixed the About box so the Default Folder X icon is the correct size when running under Sierra.
- The Finder-window menu would sometimes fail to show some windows. This has been fixed.
- Support for macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- Added an option to keep Favorites sorted by name.
- Fixed a problem with the cursor sometimes disappearing.
- Added support for version 3 of iTerm2.
How to be a beta tester:
In order to beta test, you must have
a stable, predictable machine and be
willing to commit time to work with
us if you discover a bug or conflict.
If you encounter incorrect or confusing
behavior, please try to summarize what
you were doing at the time it happened
and supply that along with a crash
log or screenshot.
Click below to download the public
test version of Default Folder X 5.0.6:
Please note that
Default Folder X 5.0.6b5 is pre-release
software, and as such, may contain
bugs. It has been tested for compatibility
on a number of systems, but has not
been fully qualified and released.
When testing any unreleased software,
you should have a backup copy of any
important files, since a software bug
could cause your Macintosh to crash
and lose valuable data.
Don't assume that a bug you've found
has already been reported!! Please
submit all bug reports and feedback