Default Folder X 5.0.6 Testing
Updated July 26, 2016
For those of you running the beta release of macOS 10.12 Sierra, this public beta version of Default Folder X provides compatibility, as well as a few new features and bug fixes.
delivers these improvements:
- Fixed support for Carbon apps when running Sierra.
- Default Folder X would mistakenly use the first tab in a Finder window as the active tab. It now correctly recognizes the active tab.
- Fixed the About box so the Default Folder X icon is the correct size when running under Sierra.
- The Finder-window menu would sometimes fail to show some windows. This has been fixed.
Other changes in recent 5.0.6 beta releases:
- Support for macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- Added an option to keep Favorites sorted by name.
- Fixed a problem with the cursor sometimes disappearing.
- Added support for version 3 of iTerm2.
How to be a beta tester:
In order to beta test, you must have
a stable, predictable machine and be
willing to commit time to work with
us if you discover a bug or conflict.
If you encounter incorrect or confusing
behavior, please try to summarize what
you were doing at the time it happened
and supply that along with a crash
log or screenshot.
Click below to download the public
test version of Default Folder X 5.0.6:
Please note that
Default Folder X 5.0.6b4 is pre-release
software, and as such, may contain
bugs. It has been tested for compatibility
on a number of systems, but has not
been fully qualified and released.
When testing any unreleased software,
you should have a backup copy of any
important files, since a software bug
could cause your Macintosh to crash
and lose valuable data.
Don't assume that a bug you've found
has already been reported!! Please
submit all bug reports and feedback